Aims & Ethos
At Barham Church of England Primary School we aim to provide a nurturing, happy and secure community. We want every child at the school to feel success yet not be afraid of failure, to be confident and to have high expectations of themselves. We also want our children to feel a sense of responsibility, to be caring and respectful of others and their environment.
Barham Church of England Primary School provides an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages every child to become an enthusiastic and independent learner for life through a rich and creative curriculum.
Every child leaving Barham School will not only have reached their individual academic potential, but developed a love of learning itself. They will be confident and resilient individuals who reflect our Christian values and are eager for new challenges.
To achieve this we shall, in the next 3-5 years,
- Ensure that the Christian ethos of the school, and our Christian values, permeate every aspect of school life and the experience of every child.
- Provide inspirational teaching that is of the highest quality (that is, teaching in both key stages to be outstanding in most subjects and never less than consistently good).
- Deliver a rich, broad and creative curriculum that engages every child.
- Provide a wide range of extra-curricular activities and opportunities.
Agreed at FGB, Sep 15
As a Church of England school, our Christian values are at the heart of everything we do and we aim to encourage each child to develop through our values:
- Thankfulness – we remember to be thankful for all good things in our lives to be thankful for all good things in our lives
- Compassion – we look for ways to help anyone in need
- Humility – we learn from each other
- Service – we look after each other
- Endurance – we keep going when things are tough